Skilled Athletic Trainers Caring for Students and Community Affiliates
As a service to our communities, the Northside Hospital Sports Medicine Network has a dedicated team of athletic trainers who provide care for high schools and community affiliates throughout Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth and Fulton Counties. Each of our athletic trainers is highly-trained and multi-skilled, and collaborates with our physicians to provide up-to-date care for a variety of medical conditions.
Our athletic trainers offer a wide range of services, including:
- Evaluation, diagnosis and/or referrals for injuries and sports-related medical conditions
- Evaluating readiness to play
- Injury and emergency treatment during games and practices
- Concussion education, prevention and baseline testing assistance
- Concussion return-to-play supervision
- Consultation with parents, coaches, players and others for regarding injury prevention and rehabilitation for players
Our athletic trainers serve on the front line of our sports medicine team, ensuring student athletes receive immediate care on campus, as well as appropriate and timely referrals to sports medicine physicians as needed.