Ben Barden, MD
Ben Barden, MD
Comprehensive Sports Medicine Specialization
Dr. Ben Barden is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic sports medicine surgeon, and specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and management of sports injuries, arthritis and musculoskeletal disorders of the upper and lower extremities. A graduate of the Emory University School of Medicine, Dr. Barden completed his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas before completing his fellowship in sports medicine at The University of Connecticut.
Expert Care for Patients of All Ages
Dr. Barden is extensively experienced in serving the Atlanta Region, and treats athletes of all ages and skill levels. A proud member of the East Cobb community, he serves as the team physician for Walton High School Athletics. As a part of his training, served on an elite team of physicians at the University of Connecticut, providing care for NCAA Division I athletes on the football, men’s and women’s basketball, soccer, hockey and volleyball teams.
Sports Medicine Expertise and State-of-the-Art Treatment
Dr. Barden utilizes the latest in conservative care and minimally invasive surgery, as well as state-of-the-art cartilage restoration techniques to return patients to activity. He is an expert in bone-preserving shoulder resurfacing, total shoulder arthroplasty and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. He has expertise in the treatment of disorders and injuries of the knee, and is a highly-trained expert in the treatment and management patellofemoral (kneecap) instability.
Dr. Ben Barden’s Education and Certifications
Education and Clinical Specialization:
- Doctor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Internship, Orthopedic Surgery, Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine, New England Musculoskeletal Institute, The University of Connecticut
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, Patellofemoral Foundation