Matt Lopez, DPT
Matt Lopez, DPT
Comprehensive Sports Medicine Rehabilitation Specialization
Dr. Matt Lopez is a board-certified sports physical therapist who specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries. As the Senior Sports Physical Therapist for the Northside Hospital Sports Medicine Network, Dr. Lopez develops rehabilitation guidelines, and leads both the Elite Performance Therapy division out of the Buckhead location and the PT Enhancement Program. He is passionate about returning athletes to peak performance, and uses a wide range of treatments, including dry needling, cupping and blood flow restriction therapy.
Team Physician for Nationally Recognized Athletes
Dr. Lopez has experience has experience treating patients of all ages and skill levels, and has a special interest in rugby. He served as the Head Team Physical Therapist for the Ohio State Men’s Rugby Club, and has traveled both nationally and internationally as a member of the medical team for the USA Rugby National 15’s team, USA Rugby 7’s and All-Americans. Additionally, he worked as the team physical therapist with the Ohio Aviators professional rugby team, and the Major League Lacrosse’s Ohio Machine.
Researching the Latest Technologies and Treatments
In addition to providing patient care, Dr. Lopez has published research and presented for national events, including the USA Rugby Medical Symposium and the American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting.
Dr. Matt Lopez’s Education and Certifications
Education and Clinical Specialization
- Undergraduate, University of Notre Dame
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Regis University
- Residency, Sports Physical Therapy, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Sports Physical Therapy
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association Sports Physical Therapy Section
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Section