Stephen Rodes, MD
Comprehensive Orthopedic Sports Medicine Specialization
Dr. Stephen Rodes is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic sports medicine surgeon who specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of sports-related injuries and musculoskeletal disorders of the upper and lower extremities. He offers care for patients of all ages and skill levels, and uses the latest in injury prevention, conservative care and minimally-invasive surgery to return patients to function.
Team Physician for Professional, Student and Recreational Athletes
Dr. Rodes has expertise in treating athletes of every level, including youth, school and professional athletes. He has served as a team physician for Georgia Highlands and Shorter University. Additionally, as a part of his training, he served as a resident physician for the Tennessee Titans, University of Tennessee – Chattanooga Athletics and University of Cincinnati Athletics. Currently, he serves as a team physician and lead orthopedic surgeon for Cherokee County School District Athletics, and as a consultant surgeon for Reinhardt University.
Expert Care for All Sports-Related Disorders
Dr. Rodes has expertise in arthroscopic treatment for shoulder, knee and elbow conditions, as well as joint replacement of the shoulder. A recreational athlete himself, he has special interest in tennis, and enjoys running and playing golf.
Dr. Stephen Rodes’ Education and Certifications
Education and Clinical Specialization:
- Medical Education, Medical College of Georgia
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Tennessee - Chattanooga
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, University of Cincinnati
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons