Vonda J. Wright, MD
Vonda J. Wright, MD
Chief, Northside Hospital Sports Medicine
Comprehensive Orthopedic Sports Medicine Specialization
Dr. Vonda Wright is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic sports medicine surgeon who serves as the Chief of Northside Hospital Sports Medicine. Dr. Wright specializes in sports medicine for patients of all ages, and uses the latest in injury prevention, conservative care and minimally invasive surgery for any sports injuries, including disorders of the hip, shoulder and knee.
International Expert on Active Aging
Dr. Wright has extensive experience providing expert care for athletes of all ages and skill levels, including high school, college, recreational, professional and Olympic athletes, and is an internationally-recognized authority on active aging.
Team Physician for Nationally Recognized Elite Athletes
Prior to joining The Northside Hospital Sports Medicine Network, she practiced at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), also serving as the inaugural medical director of the UPMC Lemieux Sports Medicine Complex - where she provided care for the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, Penguins Elite Teams and World Rugby 7’s.
Teaching the Orthopedic Sports Medicine Doctors of Tomorrow
In addition to providing skilled patient care, Dr. Wright served as an associate professor at the University of Pittsburgh Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, is a sought-after keynote speaker and has published three mainstream books. Her research has been published extensively, and she has served as an invited lecturer at some of the most esteemed symposiums in the world.
Dr. Vonda Wright’s Education and Certifications
Education and Clinical Specialization:
- B.S., Biology, Wheaton College
- B.S., M.S., Oncology Nursing, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Chicago – Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Research Fellowship, Stem Cell Research Center
- Sports Medicine and Upper Extremity Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Orthopaedic Association